The steaming beer keeps the meat moist while the high heat crisps the skin, delivering a perfect bird each and every time. Make sure that the bird is well balanced before closing the lid, otherwise the bird may tip spilling the beer. When removing cooked chicken from the grill, use mitts and take care not to spill the contents of the beer can as it will be very hot, rest the bird for 10 minutes before removing the can.
• 1 whole chicken about 4lbs
• 1 can of beer (tall boy)
• 2 tablespoons salt
• 1 tablespoon black pepper
• 3 tablespoons of your favourite dry spice rub
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Cooking Method: Indirect Cooking
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Preparation & Cooking
Remove neck and giblets. Discard. Rinse chicken inside and out; pat dry with paper towels. Rub chicken lightly with oil then rub inside and out with salt, pepper and dry rub. Set aside. Preheat barbecue on high. Open the beer can and pour out half of the beer. Place the beer can in the middle of the stainless steel Chicken roaster. Grabbing a chicken leg in each hand, pull the bird cavity over the beer can.
Turn one side of the burner completely off and set the other side to medium. Place the roaster on the side that is turned off to use the indirect cooking method. Make sure the roaster is well balanced before closing the lid. Cook the bird over medium indirect heat for approximately 1 and 1/4 hours or until the internal temperature reads 77 C in the breast area and 83 C in the thickest part of the thigh.
Carefully remove from the barbecue using oven mitts. Let stand for 10 minutes before removing from the roaster. Be careful not to spill, contents will be hot. Carve chicken and serve immediately.
8 Reasons Why A Barrel Sauna Is So Effective:
3) SAVES ENERGY
Because there is less unused airspace to heat, less energy is required to heat the room. The thick staves are excellent insulators, and the exterior of the sauna will remain cool to the touch.
4) ACCOMMODATES TEMPERATURE FLUX
The ball-and-socket assembly of a barrel sauna lets the wood expand and contract within the steel bands, creating a tight seal that won't shatter.
5) STRUCTURALLY SOUND
Built with solid wood staves, the structural integrity of a barrel sauna withstands even the harshest outdoor environment. The notched staves create a tight, secure fit that will last a lifetime without the excessive use of fasteners.
6) REMARKABLY COMFORTABLE
Sit opposite another sauna bather with your back nicely cradles in the curvature of the sun wall with enough room for you neck to remain straight.
7) REQUIRES NO MAINTENANCE
Barrel saunas naturally shed water and, due to their structural integrity, they can handle a substantial snow load. The polymer support cradles let you put the barrel on any flat surface, and the western red cedar is naturally resistant to water and insects.
8) BEAUTIFUL ADDITION
Specially designed for outdoor use, a barrel sauna is a beautiful backdrop in your landscaping.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20~30 minutes
INGREDIENTS:1 Welsh Black 10oz ribeye steak
2 Corn on the cob
1 Coriander bunch
1 Red pepper (diced)
1 White onion (diced)
METHOD:1. Bring the steak up to room temperature to stop it from seizing when cooking
2. Season the meat well with rock salt and lightly oil
3. Once the BBQ has reached 300+C, open the lid and place the steak carefully onto the grill
4. Oil and season the cobs and place them directly onto the bars
5. Cook your steak until desired temperature (52C for a perfect medium rare )
6. Once the steak is cooked and the corn is charred remove everything from the grill so the meat can rest
7. Remove the kernels from one corn cob and mix together with diced onion, diced red pepper, chopped coriander, and a good drizzle of olive oil
8. Halve the other corn cob and slather with a good knob of butter to eat the traditional way
9. Carve the steak and garnish with the salsa and fresh coriander
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 45~60 minutes
INGREDIENTS1 Large free range chicken
15ml Malt vinegar
75g BBQ sauce
15g Sweet chilli sauce
60g Runny honey
90g Demerara sugar
10g Black treacle
2 x Minced garlic cloves
10g Maldon sea salt
METHOD1. Create the marinade – mix sriracha, malt vinegar, BBQ sauce, sweet chili sauce, honey, demerara sugar, black treacle, minced garlic cloves and sea salt in a mixing bowl.
2. Remove the backbone from the chicken by turning it over and cutting down either side of the spine with a sharp pair of kitchen shears
3. Turn the chicken back over and flatten with the breasts facing up
4. Remove the wing tips as these tend to burn very quickly
5. Thoroughly brush the chicken with the glaze and leave to marinade for 3 – 24 hours
6. Bring BBQ up to heat at roughly 200 – 225C
7. Place the chicken in, skin side down to protect the meat from the flames
8. Once seared and a nice char has been made flip the bird carefully and continue to cook on a low flame with the lid down
9. Cook for 30 – 40 minutes, brushing with the glaze every 10 minutes throughout
10. Check the bird by probing with a food thermometer. It must read 75C at the thickest point of the meat.
11. Let it rest for up to 15 minutes (don’t worry the meat will stay very hot)
12. Carve and enjoy!
SIMPLIFIED HOT TUB OWNERSHIP AT YOUR FINGERTIPS
Introducing the new exclusive Jacuzzi® SmartTub™ System, engineered to maximize your relaxation, recovery and performance potential. From an app on your smartphone, you can enjoy the next generation of spa ownership, making it easier than ever to use and maintain your hot tub.
And, with a tap of your screen, your SmartTub™ System will be connected in seconds.
Have a question? The SmartTub™ app is your personal hot tub assistant, making you a Jacuzzi® hot tub expert. Acting as a quick reference guide, your app tailors tips, how-to videos and information based on how you use your spa.
Whether you’re across town or in the comfort of your own home, you can relax knowing you will always be informed with the SmartTub™ System.
• Enjoy easy setup -- just pair your app
• Discover enhanced product knowledge and support
• Master hot tub care with personalized tips and how-to videos
• View energy usage estimates
• Adjust key settings, such as energy efficiency and temperature while away
• Receive power outage notifications to reduce complications
• Alerts you and your dealer when your hot tub needs attention
• Stay connected with your dealer and 'Click for Service'
download jacuzzi® smarttub™ app here:
However ensuring your hot tub is as energy efficient as possible is the best way to help reduce running costs, so when choosing a hot tub you should consider the following:
Getting the water heated to a suitable temperature requires a heater, and the majority of hot tubs use an electric heater to do so, choosing a hot tub with a higher kW rating will heat your water faster but has no direct link to using more or less energy than one with a lower kW rating, for example if a 1kW heater takes 3 hours to raise the temperature, then a 3kW heater would take an hour.
More importantly for improved efficiency choose a hot tub with a direct contact heater and ensure the heater utilises titanium heating elements.
Insulation inside the hot tub cabinet helps to lower running costs and increases energy efficiency. Most hot tubs feature foam-fill insulation which incorporates foam around the shell which helps to conserve the heat of the water resulting in increased energy efficiency and lower running costs.
Foam-fill insulation also secures and reinforces the plumbing to help avoid leaks and also helps to reduce the noise for a quieter hot tub experience. All Jacuzzi Hot Tubs feature market-leading insulation.
Covering your hot tub when not in use helps to protect your hot tub, maintain the water temperature, ensures your water is clear of contamination and also adds an extra measure of security.
Choose a hot tub with an insulated cover as this will help reduce the loss of temperature in your water ensuring less energy is needed to keep your water hot.
For more information on running costs or any questions, get in touch!
M-Sunday: 10am - 4pm
Wednesday - Closed